Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Questions about Water Restoration?
What do you do if you have a water damage loss in Cherokee County?
We have provided some helpful tips to guide you through the process to make sure you understand from start to finish what is needed. Our team has the guidance and experience to help you along the way after water damage. We take great pride in making sure that every account is well taken care of from start to finish. If you have questions, we pride ourselves in being an educational resource in the restoration industry.
Do not hesitate to reach out to us at anytime, if you have questions.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (770) 924-3848
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.